Monday, January 28, 2008

Runner or Cyclist ?

Nearing the end of the month, and I have run as many times as I have been out on the bike.

The initial plan was to get in a little cross training, running up some hills of which there are plenty round here. After the first couple of inevitably painful runs, I've enjoyed the immediacy of chucking on some running shoes and heading straight out without the faff of organising a bike and accompanying accessories.

Into the hills visiting footpaths that are new has been great. Of course when you get back, there's no cleaning and maintenance required, just throw the Walshes in the corner until next time.

Yesterday a clockwise loop round the Kinder Horseshoe ~ 19Km and a couple of hours, fantastic.

Though my legs were proper sore at the end.

Kinder Horseshoe

However, Dear reader cycling is not forsaken.

How could it be Mr Amtrak brought this round today.

A Planet X Carbon Superlight Ultegra equipped speed machine.

Planet X Carbon Superlight

Planet X Carbon Superlight


I guess I might be out on the road bike tomorrow......

2 Comments:

At 10:15 pm, Blogger Steve said...

That looks like a brilliant run Rich, I'm envious of your terrain! I'm a biker in theory at the moment - less spare time means the trainers win. I'll be back though.

 
At 10:07 pm, Blogger Steve said...

...what a bloody brilliant run. Sorry, I've been stalking you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

li