Saturday, February 23, 2008

8 years on.



Back in 2000 I participated in the Grand Raid Cristalp. One of the worlds mountain bike classic races. 131 km and 5000 metres of climbing. I got round just within the cut off time, in 11 hours and 50 minutes.

This year I've entered again, and am hoping to improve on that time by a couple of hours.

Also this year plenty of new events.



Hit the North, a 12 hour enduro just down the road from here. A grass roots event with all proceeds going to charity , and a big party after.

Another highlight is the Dave Lloyd Mega Challenge 140 miles on the road in North Wales with 5000 metres of climbing, apparently one of the toughest sportive rides. Well we'll see.

Photobucket

But of course the Lakeland Lugger 150 comes first.

A mere 150 miles in the Lakes and 9000 metres of up.

I hope the weather is nice.

3 Comments:

At 8:50 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like you've got an exciting year planned. I vowed I'd be doing much less this year but I seem to have entered 4 big races already...

I'm certainly finding less time to train this time round, which is a worry. It'll be reet though ;-)

 
At 2:37 pm, Blogger Trail_rat said...

hoots mon you said you were doing different stuff this year....this is just a little different chap ...

ive got a few tricks up my sleve for this season too ...

what did you write on my mayhem entry ?

 
At 4:38 pm, Blogger Richard said...

>what did you write on my mayhem entry

Well I got your name and email correct, and your Team as Angus Bike Chain, the rest was fiction. Your stuff will be sent to my address, as i didn't have yours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

li