Saturday, July 08, 2006

Another bike

Still nowhere near completing on our house, so we've bought another bike.



A replacement for Ann's Giant, which though still functional, was a little tired after our 6 years of ownership. The new bike again a cyclo-cross bike is a Lemond Poprad. Ann hasn't ridden it yet, though of course I've taken it for a swift urban test ride. Well all I can say is wow. Stiff and light, much faster accelerating than my Cross Check or the Giant.

I look forward to racing it. It's debut will hopefully be at the Three Peaks Cyclo-Cross race which I've sent an entry off for. Been to see the race a number of times and forgotten to enter it more times than I care to remember. Anyway 38 miles and 5000 feet of ascent and descent over Ingleborough, Whernside and Pen-y-Ghent, at the end of September hopefully await.

Check
Dave Haygarth's blog on the Three Peaks Cyclo-Cross race

1 Comments:

At 9:54 am, Blogger Steve said...

That's just the bike I need! You'll be wanting to downsize when you leave the country surely?

PS Dave Haygarth is cousin of a good friend. Smashing bloke.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

li