Thursday, July 19, 2007

Tour Mont Blanc Day1.


Departed Chamonix at 4:55am. Followed the road mainly to le Tour, and had no problem seeing with my single Dinotte light.
From le Tour to the Col de Balme, is proper up. Weighed down by my so called lightweight camping gear I pushed more than I rode.

The Col de Balme
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The descent to le Peuty was ace, singletrack heaven.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


More road, over the Forclaz then 70kph descent towards Martigny.
Great? Maybe, but the next climb up to Champex really hurt. Or I should say my arse hurt. It seems a combination of wearing a 5kg rucksack and these shorts result in pain. Shame as nowt else hurts.
After a banana and ice cream pancake, onwards to la Fouly. A mix of more great singletrack and road. After 65k and 3000m of up, i've had enough for one day. Grand Col Ferret 1st thing tomorrow, 750m up.
At least I won't have to sit on my sore bum for a while longer.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

li