Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Mountain Mayhem 2007 Soloist

Yesterday, long after the closing date for entries, I finally got confirmation that I have an entry for my first 24 hour mountain bike race for this year - Mountain Mayhem.

I was out of the country when the entries open, and this event always fills up quickly. Thankfully I got an early place on the reserve list and I'm in now, thanks too Ag and Chris.

As much as I'm looking forward to the riding, I'm also looking forward to meeting up with lots of pals I've not seen for a while. In fact, I reckon that is the best thing about these events, a place too meet and catch up, drink bombay sapphire and revel in the rain and mud.

Lighting for the night courtesy of 2 x 5watt Li-Ion Dinotte Lights , which worked well last year. Uber lightweight light units, and batteries that last 6 hours, slightly larger than a packet of Bryant and May.

Twinklydave was good enough to remind that should it rain we'd be needing lots of brake pads.

It'll be emotional.

2 Comments:

At 8:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The weather's gonna be dry, after some rain this week. That's a promise.

See you Friday eh?

 
At 10:43 pm, Blogger Richard said...

See you Friday, bring your brolly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

li