Saturday, April 21, 2007

Running, cycling, spare tyres and inspiration.

As a consequence of my lack of exertion recently, I have for the first time in my life got a spare tyre to carry around my middle, just above my waist.

Of course I have plenty of excuses as to why I haven't been out running and riding my bike.......

All I really needed was some inspiration to get my self back in shape again.

Some inspiration was received earlier in the week, in the form of an email showing my naked new frame that I'll be racing on later in the year.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It is off to the anodizers soon for some blackness to be added. I'm looking forward to riding it soon.

More inspiration has been from reading of Steve's recent running successes over at Furious Cycling . He also recently published an account of a pleasant evenings entertainment round Llandegla we had last year here at 63xc.com .

The final bit of inspiration, was when my Mum commented "You're getting a bit of a tummy, Richard" . Nothing like Mum's view on things to put them in true perspective.

Today suitably inspired I made a start at regaining some fitness.

Ann and I have been out for a run. Well more like a jog if I'm honest. A loop from Mary and Elliotts up to Ollersett, and Peep O' day. Took just over 40 minutes. This is the first run I've done since the Lantern Pike fell race last September, in which my performance was crap. After that race I'd resigned myself that running was to be consigned to the past.

Tomorrow going out with some of the STW massive, over at Cilcain.

On the house in France front, I think we have just about finalised the plans with our architect.

The front elevation shown below.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

li