Monday, July 24, 2006

I Love, I Hate.

Back, and at least partially rested from twentyfour12.com.

What a fantastic course. Plenty of technical riding, and little in the way of riding round fields. In Keith Bontrager's words "a course for mountain bikers".

It started off as a hot dusty day, though in the afternoon there was a large thunderstorm which turned some of the course into rivers of mud. Later in the day/evening it mostly dried out again

My bike,I love, it performed flawlessly.

I hate getting mud in my shorts.

For the record I did the 12 hour solo and came 17th with 10 laps. Running a fixed gear of 38:20.

Thanks of course to my helpers, Ann and the kids.

3 Comments:

At 12:44 pm, Blogger Steve said...

Nice work. Told you it would be easy ;-)
Did you get fed up with pedalling at all?

 
At 12:54 pm, Blogger Richard said...

Really enjoyed it. I'll be doing the 24 at sleepless.

 
At 1:21 pm, Blogger Richard said...

....and I didn't get bored pedalling. It was a good technical interesting course, that rarely allowed the mind to wander.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

li