Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Fixed Gear .... or not.

It seems really weird, but I haven't ridden either of my fixed gear bikes for ages.

Preparation for the 3 peaks cyclo-cross race has been fairly high on my list of things to do, so I've been riding the bike I'm going to race on.

Originally I was going to compete on my Surly Cross Check (see pic)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Though knowing the course in parts, I couldn't help but feel that my race time would be severely lengthened by having to push, when I should be riding.

So instead I'll be riding Ann's Lemond Poprad which currently sports 18 gears, though by race day, it may even have 27.

I'd hate to get to the end thinking I could have done better if I'd used a different bike.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 Comments:

At 10:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're still tempted though aren't you? You know you won't win, and fixed will be such an adventure ;-)

 
At 12:26 pm, Blogger Richard said...

You're right,I am tempted.

Though I'd like to get under 4 hours.

Maybe next time.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

li